Saturday 28 November 2015

“For You, for you and you”

My mother is my inspiration. She was the one who taught me my first word, how to walk and many more. She taught me the importance of loving yourself and always reminding me to be nice to people even when they treated me badly. I didn't do well in both primary and secondary school. I remembered crying upon getting my GCE Os result. I remembered feeling like a failure and just really disappointed in myself. Living in Singapore, I was told that without education, you can't really survive. With my results, I couldn't enter a Junior College (JC) and can only enter a few courses in Temasek Polytechnic. I couldn't enter the course I was interested in which was Biomedical Informatics and Engineering. My mother was the one who assured me that it’s totally fine and said that God had other plans for me. She kept saying she was proud of me and that she's grateful that I passed. We even went to get pizza after that to celebrate. From then onwards, I had this motivation to do well. I did pretty well in polytechnic. Now being in University, it’s hard. Most of my poly friends in University are either planning to withdraw or has already withdrawn. I can’t possibly give up now. School is tough but Diyanah isn’t a quitter. I really want to make my parents proud. Each time I feel down or at the point of breaking down, my mother comes to mind. The thought of seeing her proud smile gets me motivated.

I remembered going to my parents’ room and I saw my mother asleep. Looking at her, I whispered to myself, “For You, for you and you”. Her happiness is the key to Allah’s pleasure and mercy towards me. And therefore, I ask Allah that He enables me to continuously make her happy.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you very much, Diyanah, for this respectful tribute to your mother. Your paint a very clear portrait of a woman who has been strongly supportive of her daughter. It is reassuring to know she has so inspired you that you don't see yourself as a quitter. That's great news, Diyanah, because I realize that the pressures are substantial! But I'm also sure that those people who really care about you will remain very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Diyanah,

    It's good to see you have the motivation to excel in studies because of your mother. From what I perceive, your mum and mine are similar. They do not wish to put pressure on us to do well in our studies, but they would only like for us to be happy and healthy. Thank you for the good effort and hang on in university!

    Cheers,
    Hui Wen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey D,

    God is forever with you and if he is with you, what can stand against you? I believe that you are a conqueror and as you have mentioned, you are not a quitter! Even though university is a tough place to be in, you may think of it as an important preparation for the future.

    I am happy for you that you have a loving and understanding mother. Time for pizza after exams? Haha

    All the best in your exams and I am sure you will do well.

    Cheers!
    Nate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dee.

    Alhamdulillah your mother is very understanding and doesn't want you to be too stressed up about studies. My mother is my motivation to do well too. Let's work hard and graduate together ok? In shaa Allah. love you!

    Nurul.

    ReplyDelete